Using a mortgage adviser
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions from existing Loan Market customers.
Getting the best deal in the market means you also have to do your due diligence of preparing before meeting with your chosen mortgage adviser. Whether you're a first-time home buyer or adding another property to your portfolio, you must get all your information and questions ready so the mortgage adviser can better help you in choosing the right home loan decision.
What should I expect?
When meeting with a Loan Market mortgage adviser you can expect:
- Your adviser will visit you at a time and place that’s convenient to you
- Calculate your exact borrowing capacity
- Explain all the fees and charges
- Help structuring your loan for maximum savings and flexibility
- A hassle free home loan approval experience
Here are some of the questions you can ask about your loan:
- What are the advantages of a fixed interest rate or split home loan interest?
- Can I pay weekly or fortnightly?
- Are there any unforeseen costs on this loan(e.g. government fees, valuation charges, event-based fees like early repayment)?
- Are there penalties for late repayments?
What do I need to bring?
Below is a list of information you may need to provide when applying for your loan. Some lenders may ask for additional information on your individual situation. Your Loan Market mortgage adviser will let you know what’s needed as you proceed through the home loan application process.
- Valid ID (Passport/Drivers license)
- Last 2 pay slips
- Last year's tax summary
- Last 2 years tax returns
- Savings statement
- Credit card statements
What does it cost?
As the licensee we do not charge for our services – we are paid a commission by the financier.
Our advisers can find the best home loan for your finance needs, saving you time and money.
Get the pre-application checklist
Speak to your local Loan Market mortgage adviser when applying for a home loan as they will best be able to advise you on any pre-application documentation you need to provide depending on the lender you select.
Loan Market advisers can assist in your home buying process, making it easy and stress-free. We ensure that you are only provided with all the necessary information to make an informed decision and get the most out of your property investment journey.