Setting Financial Goals for 2021
We survived Christmas and the New Year (heck we survived Lockdown), now it’s time to look forward and plan for the next 12 months. Setting goals is a good way of ensuring you finish the year in a better position than you started it.
By setting financial goals, we can ensure we are focused and spending our hard-earned money appropriately and providing some security and comfort for ourselves and our families.
But how do we do this? - Goal Setting!
Take a quiet moment and think about what you would like to achieve financially over the next 12 months (reduce your consumer debt? Update your car? Travel around NZ? Buy your first home? Pay your mortgage off quicker?). How long will it take you to meet those goals? What are you going to need to do?
- Make a budget and stick to it – sit down and really look at your last 3 months spending! It can be an eye-opener
- Pay off credit card and consumer debt as soon as possible
- Save an emergency fund for a rainy day
- Look at how much you can afford to put aside towards your goal? Try not to touch it
- Break it down into weekly amounts so it doesn’t seem so insurmountable
- Regularly check in on your progress and make sure you are still able to live a little
- Give yourself a pat on the back – you’re doing great!
Please call me if you have any questions regarding this article or home loan and asset finance
022 464 1044