Bridging loans – what to consider
While in simple terms, funds from a bridging loan will bridge the finance gaps noted above, the right loan products for you will depend upon a number of factors.
- How long are the funds required for?
- Do you have an unconditional contract on the property you are selling? Or are you yet to sell?
- Are you building your new home or buying an established property?
- Are the properties for investment or primary residence?
- What is your ability to service or meet the repayments on your current loan and the bridging loan?
Your answers to these questions will define both the right bridging loan type for you and the amount you will be able to borrow. As with all loans, you need to be aware of the risks. You can talk through the pros and cons with your mortgage adviser.